Did you know that being married is like being nibbled to death by a duck?

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happenings

Time for a quick run-down of what's going on.

Let's see here... News: California is on fire. Again. VP Cheney's office has been subpoenaed (I think for prostitution, not sure, I didn't really "read" the article), and of course, the iPhone comes out tomorrow (me likey). Oh and even more important than all of those is the expedition planned to hunt for Bigfoot. Uhh, that's "Mister Foot" to you, pal.

Entertainment: Went and saw the movie 1408 the other night. No, it's not about Vikings discovering America years before Columbus (although there really should be more viking movies, ya know?); it's a "thriller" with John Cusack and some haunted hotel room. Ooooh, I'm SO SCARED. This movie unfortunately falls into the same trap that nearly every scary movie does: It's not scary. It was a decent movie, in terms of production level, acting, effects; yet it sorely lacked the guaranteed recipe for success. Yes, that's right, I'm talking about Hooters girls and Ninjas. Without those, what kind of a chance do you really have at making solid entertainment? Not much, says this pundit.

Personal life: Today I am headed to Nashville to take a three-day Urban E & E (Escape and Evasion) class. That shows wicked amounts of potential for good story time, so stay tuned for updates.

Not much else to report for the time being, so I'll just leave you to go back to your knitting. 'Cause I know that's what you were all doing, ya big bunch of ninnies.

4 comments:

Jason Evans said...

Sounds like a good time....

Glad to see ya back

Jem said...

I was going to go see the movie 1408 but after your review stating it didn't have hooters and ninjas, I am rethinking. Of course, the comment about it not being scary needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I realize that you are hard to impress on "scary" as you are taking an ESCAPE AND EVASION class.
As far as your knitting prejudices go... You said you liked the tube socks with the little toes in em that I made you in rainbow colors.

Kell said...

How many days is that class?? I hear that a three-day Urban E & E usually runs four maybe even five days... ? What time is the 12 o'clock parade again?

Mr. Twisted said...

Senor, back to your Brandi Belle.

Jason, good to be back.

Jen, I do love the rainbow socks. And I need a few more pairs. Soon.

Kell, you will get yours. Soon.