Did you know that being married is like being nibbled to death by a duck?

Monday, January 23, 2006

Hollywood is Lame

An interesting and powerful piece written by the father of a suicide bombing victim can be found here. It is written in response to the movie Paradise Now winning a Golden Globe award. I have not seen the movie, but as I understand it is a look into the lives of suicide bombers as they prepare to do their dirty work.

First, let me say that I believe award shows are beyond worthless. I could, and probably will at a later date, go on a long winded rant about why things like Grammys and Oscars are evil, but for now I would just like to point how shameful it is of the Golden Globes to celebrate something like suicide bombing during the time that we live in. Maybe they need to take a trip to the World Trade Center. Oh that's right, it's not there anymore. Bastards.

At any rate, the letter is short, but well worth the read.

2 comments:

Kell said...

I am thankful that I have heard nothing about this movie. How anyone can condone the killing of other people by stealth and malicious means... is beyond me. A suicide bomber is a sensationalist murderer that is hiding behind a skewed religious belief. A yellow streak four miles wide will lead you to these people that are immortalized in such a movie. It makes me sick.

Mr. Twisted said...

Amen to that.