Did you know that being married is like being nibbled to death by a duck?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

An Orgy of Olympic Hockey

To the complete and total surprise of absolutely no one, Team USA lost to Finland today in the men's quarter-finals of Olympic hockey. I had a chance to watch three out of the four games today, so I am kind of on hockey overload. The team I picked to win, the Czech Republic, beat Slovakia in one of the best games I've ever watched. Why did I not pick the US? Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but when you include guys like Keith "don't get between me and my jelly donuts" Tkachuk on your team, it just spells doom right from the get-go. Seriously, that guy was an embarrassment with the way he acted back in the 1998 Olympics at Nagano, and he really hasn't done much since (besides eat. A lot), but they continue to indulge him by putting him on the team. Funniest thing, they benched him for the most part in the third period. Then, when they finally let him on the ice, he took a penalty, forcing the team to go shorthanded while trying desperately to mount a comeback. Whatever, I could totally coach a team to Olympic gold. By myself. While playing. And scoring a hat-trick. Every period. I just choose to go to college instead because, you know, a mind is a terrible thing. Or something.

No comments: