Did you know that being married is like being nibbled to death by a duck?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Makes Sense

Girl Weds Stray Dog - Sounds good so far...

A girl was forced to marry a dog because her superstitious family thought her
teeth had brought them bad luck. Seven-year-old Shivam Munda was told to wed the stray after her upper teeth arrived before her lower teeth.

She's lucky that's all she had to do. So help me if any daughter of mine ever lets her upper teeth come in first...

Her father Kundan, a coal miner, said it was a bad omen and had brought an
"evil eye" on her and her family.

I remember getting the "evil eye" a few times when I was a kid. If only I had known that I could have averted all of that trouble by simply marrying the dog, my childhood would have been much less traumatic.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man. I can't BELIEVE you're mocking the evil eye. Bad juju, buddy. Baaaaaad. Can I have all your stuff when the comet hits you?

Mr. Twisted said...

Mocking? Hell no! I just don't want the Eye to know I have the ring... wait, that was something else entirely. My bad.

Jason Evans said...

Don't get me started on India... Call me a bigot... but that is one wierd ass culture... I lived with some during my IT days... Arranged marriages... position of women in the culture... nutrition... just very "different". The arranged marriage thing really threw me for a loop... I was like... this shit still happens ??!!??

Mr. Twisted said...

BIGOT!!!

Jonathan Scott said...

Not just Indians, conservative homeschool families are into arranged marriages, too. Bill Gothard's Advanced Training Institute (part of the Institute for Basic Life Principles), has said that, although not always practical, his opinion is that arranged marriages are the safest and best way. They're very into this thing of submitting to authority and trusting God to lead you through your parents. While some of it sounds good, they've lost touch with reality and are really setting some kids up for failure.

Jason Evans said...

Wow... I did not know that. Scary... So Jon... you're saying I need to my parents need to talk to your parents??

ZING AGAIN!!!

Kell said...

I can't beleive I waited a day to read this wit... good stuff boys.

Jonathan Scott said...

(biting fist...trying not to think evil thoughts... where can I get a voodoo doll with crutches?)

Jason Evans said...

I wish I could say I don't wake up in the morning thinking... "how can I piss of Jon Scott today..."

But sadly... I cannot...

Mr. Twisted said...

A voodoo doll with crutches? You're not that far from Haiti, my good man. I'm sure they have something right up your alley.

Jason - Do you actually make a list, or is it more of a mental note kind of thing?