Did you know that being married is like being nibbled to death by a duck?

Sunday, February 12, 2006

SHOT Show Blogging

I have been attending the 2006 SHOT Show this weekend, and I must say... wow. I have never seen anything quite like it. For those out there that think the gun industry is somewhat "smallish", think again. I have spent about a day and a half walking through the Las Vegas convention center, and I still have yet to see everything. Imagine about 15 super Wal-Marts all together, and that's about how big this is. All guns, gun manufacturers, police and military equipment, etc. Simply stunning, the amount of stuff there. Including Ted Nugent, who, upon seeing, I promptly ran up to, kicked in the nuts and said "'Strangle Hold' was a stupid song and I'm sick of hearing it on the classic rock station every time I turn it on!" Ha. Seriously though, he seemed like a pretty good guy. R. Lee Ermey was also there, signing autographs at the Glock booth. By the way, he looks really, really old in person. Much older than the girl I saw walking by wearing underwear and, uhh, chaps. I must not have received the memo on proper SHOT Show attire, and thus, was obviously out of uniform.

Overall, a very impressive amount of technology for any gun enthusiast on display. As this was a dealer only convention (I was there supporting Rocky Mountain 3 gun), there were no curmudgeonly old men trying to pawn off some old relic that Billy the Kid's friend's nephew's cousin once shot. Mostly all high-tech stuff. And Ted Nugent. I guess I should go back today and apologize to Mr. Wango Tango.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. Not a huge gun freak (I do own a few of my own but couldn't even guess at their value) or even a very good shot, but they are still very interesting to me. Did I tell you that at work they once let me shoot a fully-automatic M-4? Oh yeah, hold that puppy wide open and sure enough, you'll shoot out the lights. I know, I've seen me do it.

Mr. Twisted said...

What job do you have where you get to do that??? That's great. I mean, I can do it on taxpayer dollars, but...

And whose lights did you shoot out? Ha.

Kell said...

So because you failed to do any research on this show, you missed yet another opportunity to wear YOUR chaps? That has to be a crime in certain counties.

Mr. Twisted said...

Well, I didn't want to give anyone a hear attack. Or be arrested. Plus, my chaps hadn't come back from the cleaners.

Kell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mr. Twisted said...

Yeah, make fun of my ability to finish the word "heart" and then delete your comment. It's cause you're SCARED! Ha.

Kell said...

I had an attack of the Catholic school girl guilt and decided to go easy on you... for a change.

But now...? GAME ON.

Mr. Twisted said...

I would post a picture of me shaking in my boots, but I can't seem to find one...

Kell said...

Good thing you are going to college. Hopefully they can teach you a thing or two.

A picture couldn't show you shaking in your boots. A picture is a fixed snapshot of a motionless event. A photo of you quivering in your boots would simply show you standing there in your boots and chaps. What you are thinking of is called a "video." Check your library and get back to me... I think you titled it "Scared Out Of My Mind" or "Quivering Pile of Goo"

Hopefully, you didn't use it to tape today's General Hospital episode.

Mr. Twisted said...

No, I didn't use one of those tapes to record General Hospital. I watch Days of Our Lives. Get it right. Weren't you a star on that show? I swear that you were.

At any rate, the video I had entitled "Scared out of My Mind" was, in fact, a video of the first time I asked a girl on a date. I was only 29 years old at the time, so you can imagine my jitters. I would appreciate it if you didn't make fun, as I am a little sensitive about it.

Anonymous said...

And we had such HIGH hopes for twisted...and I have a source that can produce a photo of twisted wearing a skirt whilst watching Days...Loser...Y&R is the best daytime soap ever...'nuff said

Mr. Twisted said...

Young and the Restless??? Isn't that the prequel to "Brokeback Mountain"?

Kell said...

Ohhhhhhhh wow. Plane geek... I would pay money to get my hands on that photo. Last time I saw him in a skirt, I didn't have my camera.

Did he have on the stilettos?

And Twist... prequel to Brokeback is called "Midnight Cowboy"... duh

(Wait... are you really arguing about which soap is best?? I suggest you run, don't walk, to the nearest Hooters for lunch. STAT. You are creeping me out.)

Mr. Twisted said...

Plane Geek is bluffing. There is no such photo. Anymore.

And how do YOU know what the prequel to "Brokeback" was??? Hmm?

I'm on my way to Hooters as soon as I find my Hooters t-shirt, Hooters shorts and chaps.

Kell said...

How do I know??? You don't recall your 40 minute monologue about how Brokeback stole the thunder of the cinematic brilliance that was Midnight Cowboy?? You have the poster on your wall for goodness sake.

Hooters.chaps. WOW. Wait...just curious... are they orange??

Mr. Twisted said...

The chaps aren't orange, but the shorts I wear with them are ;)

Anonymous said...

I feel very very very sick. Orange Ranger panties and chaps!?!?!?! Now that is a sure sign of the impending apocalypse. GOD help us. And yes Victor from Y&R is able to kick every other tv characters ass...including Mr. T, Chuck Norris, and the head weirdo Jack Bauer....what a loser.

Mr. Twisted said...

YOU SPEAK BLASPHEME! I don't know who this "Victor" fellow is, but rest assured, he would probably die of a heart attack if Jack Bauer sneezed near him.